Students of the Grade V participated in a mock Parliament on 28th March,2018.It was an exercise meant to create awareness among them about the functioning of the top legislative body in the country. The students' mock Parliament had both the ruling and the opposition parties at the right and left sides, respectively. It saw the future's young leaders presenting their views on steps to be taken for the welfare of the country and how to work towards achieving the dream nation of India. The issues discussed included-
1) Role of DPS students for conserving nature.
- Every year millions of millions of trees are cut down to meet the soaring need for paper and tree related products, while the problem of global warming is severe. Two thirds of people all over the world are victims of global warming, either directly or indirectly affected by this kind of climate change. One of the factor contributes to global warming is the shrinking area of trees. Planting trees is a good solution of problems presented previously. So this house believes that we should plant more trees.
- Our school conducting tree plantation week helps in conserving nature
- The books can be handed over to next year students instead of throwing it. It can save trees.
- Extra one period can be included to plant and take care of trees in the school campus
2) Importance of uniform
- Uniform is necessary in school's because uniform give students equality. Yes, school uniforms are needed because with uniforms it hides peoples economical stand points.
- Wearing a uniform is a badge of pride, creates an identity for a school and is an important part of being a school student.
- Uniforms give students a sense of belonging to a particular school and create an identity for the school in the community.
- No,everyone is unique and especially in high school we need to be able to express who we are through clothes we wear. So uniforms should not be there.
3) Food menu in cafeteria
- School administrators need to have a definite canteen policy, must establish canteen committees to seek to improve service and food quality and must work closely with canteen operators.
- Canteens should be student friendly, never do exploitation through high prices or poor quality food and drinks.
- Canteen should provide adequate nutrition which gives students and staff high energy levels and prevents diseases, such as obesity and anaemia, which are related to poor diet.
- Canteen should never provide hot food in plastic or thermocol containers covering it with plastic wrap.
31 Mar 2018 School Admin