Did you know?
INTERESTING FACTS ABOUT MATHEMATICS
- Ancient Babylonians did math in base 60 instead of base 10. That's why we have 60 seconds in a minute and 360 degrees in a circle.
- The word "MATHEMATICS"comes from the Greek μάθημα (máthema) which means "science, knowledge, or learning"; μαθηματικός (mathematikós) means "fond of learning".
- The word "FRACTION"derives from the Latin " fractio - to break".
- GEOMETRY(Ancient Greek: γεωμετρία; geo = earth, metria = measure) is a part of mathematics.
- "ALGEBRA"comes Arabic word (al-jabr, literally, restoration)
- There are just four numbers (after 1) which are the sums of the cubes of their digits:
- 153 = 1^3 + 5^3 + 3^3
- 370 = 3^3 + 7^3 + 0^3
- 371 = 3^3 + 7^3 + 1^3
- 407 = 4^3 + 0^3 + 7^3
- 111,111,111 multiplied by 111,111,111 equals12,345,678,987,654,321.
- Among all shapes with the same area circle has the shortest perimeter.
- For every object there is a distance at which it looks its best.
- The Five Most Important Numbers in Mathematics in One Equation :
- e^i*pi + 1 = 0
Did you know that one of the most important numbers, Zero is not represented in the Roman numerals. Derived from Arabic word, ‘sifr’, it is known from a variety of other names like naught, zip, nil and zilch.